"We want to improve the long non-productive time and low productivity!"
⚡Points of the problem faced by the customer⚡
1. Non-productive time is long because workers transfer workpieces between machines.
2. A lot of human intervention involved in each process causes inconsistent production volume and quality among workers.
3. The large floor space occupied by many machines imposes various restrictions on work activities.
💡What we can do for the customer💡
Process integration by replacing 5 machines (for 5 processes) with 1 machine MT200 (2 processes)!
Achieves shorter cycle time, consistent quality and production volume, and space saving!
Our proposals to solve the above customer’s problems are as follows:
1. Integration of conventional 5 processes, (3 turning, 1 machining, and 1 deburring) into 2 processes by using MT200 (Turning Center) equipped with a gantry loader!
By automating the conventional loading/unloading of workpieces and the transfer of them between machines, we have achieved shorter cycle time and consistent production quality and volume.
2. The process automation with the gantry loader has narrowed down the human intervention spots to only two (one for loading workpieces and the other for collecting finished parts)!
In the past, there were about 15 human intervention spots in total for loading/unloading workpieces, transporting between machines, starting machining programs, and other operations throughout the five processes.
The MT200 allows for reducing the number of intervention points to two, resulting in not only elimination of variations in quality and production volume among operators, but also labor saving.
3. About 50% space saving compared to the conventional process!
This system requires only about half the floor space of conventional machines, and has demonstrated capabilities that exceed those of conventional processes, contributing to the great improvement of the customer's production efficiency.
・Reduced cycle time: With the unnecessary human intervention time eliminated, the overall cycle time has been dramatically reduced.
・Consistent production volume and quality: The automated inter-process transportation has eliminated variations in quality and production volume among workers.
・Space-saving: The floor space necessary for production has been reduced by approximately 50%, with the production capacity and productivity improved.
#010 Product cost reduction through process integration and automation!
Feb 8, 2023
🌄New Year’s Greetings🎍
Jan 4, 2023
Dec 23, 2022
#009 Turning Center equipped with a gantry loader enables both flexible machining and production systems!
Dec 22, 2022
#008 Proposal for high-speed automation in a short cycle!
Nov 30, 2022
Murata Machinery, Ltd.
Japanese Name : Murata Kikai Kabushiki Kaisha
|Main office||136, Takeda-Mukaishiro-cho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto 612-8418 Japan|
|Branch office (Japan)||Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya|
|Factories (Japan)||Inuyama, Kaga, Ryuo, Oita, Ise, Gifu|
Textile Machinery, Machine Tools, Sheet Metal Machinery,
Automated Systems, Clean FA Systems,
|Capital||JPY 900 million|
Consolidated: 391,800 million yen
Non-Consolidated: 304,300 million yen
(as of March 31, 2022)
|Employees||3700 [Group; 8100 ](as of April, 2022)|